Benefits of a DWI Trial
Should I Fight a DWI Charge
A DWI trial in Texas is your constitutional right under Texas law. Don’t give it up with a plea.
The state’s lawyers believe they are 'protecting the people' but they seem to forget that the person accused of DWI is also a person who should be protected from unjust accusations. When it comes to fighting DWI charges it is important to remember that you have rights that must be protected.
It is important to remember when going to trial for a DWI charge that the prosecution must prove your guilt beyond a reasonable doubt. This is not an easy task especially when it comes to DWI cases because the evidence is often based on subjective observations.
Do I Need a Lawyer for a DWI
Our lawyer was talking with an officer one day during a break at trial and the officer said, “If I smell alcohol on their breath, they’re going to jail. I’m gettin’ ’em off the street.”
A prosecutor wants to succeed at his job, just like everyone else, and that success comes through convictions. This means the closer to trial it is, the more favorable the plea "bargains" get. It is vital that you have someone on your side to help you navigate the complexities of your case to make sure your rights and interests are protected.
Some benefits of hiring a DWI lawyer include:
- Understanding the legal system
- Extensive experience with DWI cases
- Long term financial benefits
- Emotional support during a stressful time
Going to trial can be a very stressful experience for a lot of people. Having the right representation on your side can not only help aid in your defense, but also help your peace of mind.
Texas DWI Defense Strategies
A DWI attorney can give you your best chance at getting your charges reduced or dismissed. No one is perfect, and sometimes mistakes are made during an arrest. It is important to examine all aspect of your arrest and your case to defense your rights.
Some common DWI defense strategies include:
- Unlawful Arrest: The police need probable cause in order to pull you over and when arresting you for DWI. If they did not have probable cause to pull you over, any subsequent evidence is inadmissible.
- Challenging Field Sobriety Tests: Many field sobriety tests are flawed because the results can be affected by a variety of factors.
- Challenging Breath Tests: Like field sobriety tests, breath tests are not perfect. The machines used are not foolproof and can sometimes be improperly calibrated or simply just not functioning correctly.
- Challenging the Arresting Officer's Observations: Often times an officer's observations can be subjective or even have a valid explanation such as an existing medical condition or a lack of sleep.
If you have been arrested for driving while intoxicated, contact our DWI attorney in Tyler immediately so your defense can start as soon as possible.
Exclusive Focus on DWI
Practicing Criminal Law since 1985
Free In-Person Consultations
Weekend Appointments Available
Born & Raised in Texas
Genuine Concern For Clients
He is down to earth, direct, and honest.- Eric
Relentless, tenacious advocate for his clients in DUI cases- Earl
He is a good helpful person.- Former Client
Beyond my expectations- Taylor
He acted more like a friend to us than just our lawyer.- Mike