Tyler Expungement Attorney
What Is an Expungement?
Expungement is a method used to clean up your criminal record so you won’t have a blemish on your record for future employment or other opportunities. Since an expungement essentially removes the conviction from your record, it will also look better if an officer checks your driving record during a traffic stop.
Looking to get your record expunged? Contact our Tyler expungement attorney today for a free consultation.
Practicing Criminal Law Since 1985
Expungement vs Nondisclosure
An expungement totally wipes your record clean, as if a conviction had never been there whereas a nondisclosure "hides" your record from all civil inquiries, such as employment record checks.
Expungements in Texas
You may be asking yourself, "is expungement available to anyone?" Expungement is available for cases where:
- An arrest was made but a charge was never filed in court
- A charge was filed but later dismissed by the prosecutor before a final judgement
- A charge was filed but after a jury trial, the verdict was a "not guilty" finding.
It is important to note that if there was a final judgement, even if probated, expungement is not an option.
Nondisclosures in Texas
A nondisclosure hides the probation records from all civil inquiries, such as employers’ checks, insurance checks, etc. Nondisclosures are available if two main criteria are met:
- You received a deferred adjudication probation on a charge and successfully completed the probation
- The charge was then closed by the court
On a felony deferred adjudication, there is a five-year waiting period after the court closes the probation before a nondisclosure can be filed. However, on a misdemeanor deferred adjudication completion, there is no waiting period.
Call John J. Eastland Attorney at Law, P.C. today at (903) 207-5525 or contact us online to schedule a free consultation with our expungement attorney in Tyler.
John Eastland has developed a reputation in East Texas for being a relentless, tenacious advocate for his clients in DUI cases.
What Makes Us Different?Tailored DWI Defense
- Exclusive Focus on DWI
- Practicing Criminal Law since 1985
- Free In-Person Consultations
- Weekend Appointments Available
- Born & Raised in Texas
- Genuine Concern For Clients